Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Theological Worldview: John Wesley and I










Some of my former professors from Ashland (i.e. David deSilva, Allan Bevere, & Dan Hawk) will be delighted to hear this. I took a quiz over at quizfarm.com and my results were:











What's your theological worldview?
You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavily by John Wesley and the Methodists.
Emergent/Postmodern
71%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
71%
Neo orthodox
64%
Reformed Evangelical
57%
Roman Catholic
39%
Classical Liberal
32%
Fundamentalist
32%
Charismatic/Pentecostal
29%
Modern Liberal
18%






Needless to say I'm surprised, amused, and bewildered, although not necessarily in this order. I guess I'm always suspicious of being labeled!

2 comments:

Allan R. Bevere said...

Matt:

I am glad to see that you are truly going on to perfection!

Actually, I scored higher on Neo-Orthodox than Wesleyan Holiness. Hmmm.... wonder if I should inform my bishop.

Matthew D. Montonini said...

Allan:

What a relief to be among the enlightened!

BTW- What your bishop doesn't know won't hurt him!