Friday, May 14, 2010

Forthcoming First Corinthians Commentary


I am excited about the forthcoming Pillar New Testament Commentary on First Corinthians co-authored by Brian S. Rosner and Roy Ciampa. These two are excellent Pauline scholars and are sure to provide a stellar contribution to what is probably my favorite letter in the New Testament.

The announced release date is in either August or December (I'll attempt to get confirmation)and the volume weighs in at a hefty 950 pages while retailing at $65.00.

My prediction: Fee and Thiselton will now have company in the pantheon of 1 Corinthians commentaries!

2 comments:

Jason Gardner said...

Looks like a great addition to a great series! I love what I've read of Rosner thus far. And, how could you not include Garland along with Thiselton and Fee??? ;-)

Matthew D. Montonini said...

Jason--Yes indeed. I have actually used Garland's volume more than any other. Just slipped my mind I guessh.